A guide through the grant application process
Here comes the most challenging part of the grant application, starting the process. Those who received the link and reviewed my post on ProtectDefenders.eu featured in my blog are aware its all year funding that CBOs could apply. Here is the link to my previous blog post. Getting funding for CBOs poses a huge challenge. This is because many do not have the capacity to meet strict donor funding requirements. However, if we can go through the process together, we can get the grant application completed. We ensure your organization qualifies to get funding.
- To start off, download the application form. Click here to download c2-pdeu-application-form-en
- Fill in the details required in the form. don’t hesitate to contact me if you need assistance in filling it. You can also email it to me I check it if you have filled it correctly.
- Email the form to the donor organization, here is the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait for a response
Selecting the activities
- Ensure your activities are aimed at preventing and responding to developments adversely affecting human rights and the human rights defenders’ movements at the local level.
- Show the need. Demonstrate you have limited capacity to approach donors because you were recently established or working in remote areas.
- Demonstrate the funding would help you Expand capacities to implement local innovative activities and projects. This includes preventing and responding to infringements faced by Human Rights Defenders and their organizations. Others are to advance a human rights agenda
- your activities can include supporting emerging local initiatives. Especially the ones in isolated areas show you are strengthening Human Rights Defender protection structures, such as networks or focal points.
- Building capacities of local organizations. This is through allowing them to obtain and/or conduct specific training in areas that would assist in protecting them. such areas include physical and digital security, legal defense
- Campaigning and advocating for the protection of defenders and to advance a human rights agenda, such as through “academic” visits of special rapporteurs.
Selecting interventions for successful grant application
- Ensure your interventions target the problem you have identified. These include expanding capacities to implement local innovative activities and projects to prevent and respond to infringements faced by Human Rights Defenders and their organizations, and to advance a human rights agenda. ProtectDefenders.eu supports strategies related to advocacy or public campaigns, capacity building and training, documentation and printing of materials, joint development, and implementation of protection plans by human rights organizations and networks.
- Obtain and/or conduct specific training in areas that would assist in protecting them. Examples are physical and digital security, legal defense, litigation
Important, follow the donor on social media space and let them know what you are doing, here is their tweeter handle link https://twitter.com/ProtectHRD_EU The picture you share are very crucial in helping the world know what you are doing. Moreover, If you are experiencing difficulties in using social media, you can also email me the pictures, I will share them in my blog and social media space and link back to your organization.
Be encouraged! opportunities don’t come to those who wait, they come to those who seek. Here is just one worth a try. Share with others to leave their emails so they can receive the resources and updates on time.
Mr. Rogers KimathiFounder M&K Trackers, Writer, Digital Literacy Trainer, Renewable Energy physicist, NGO volunteer, Website and E-Learning Systems Developer. Phone: +254717400741. web: www.rogerskimathi.com Twitter:@rogers_kimathi_ Facebook. @rogerskimathi19